- For P90x again! Long after I posted yesterday, I had my husband help me with measurements to track my progress after 30 days. I have lost 3 pounds, one dress size, and 5.5 inches overall! Wow! That’s definitely a motivator; I’m glad the program suggested that I do my measurements every 30 days!
- That my hope was and is in Christ, and not in Romney or Obama. There were some awfully heated status updates on Facebook last night, many of which I understand. The presidency is an important and powerful office, and the decisions made under each administration can and do directly affect us as citizens. This can be good or bad, depending on who you are and what you believe in, I suppose. But even if we do, as some people are saying, become a socialist country, I know that ultimately I will die and be free with Christ. My life in the U.S.A. will be but a blip in eternity. This is only for a season.
- That I have a godly, wise, and responsible husband. This is another reason that I’m not so emotionally affected by the election results. We are disappointed, to be sure. Although we did personally experience a lot of “change” under Obama’s leadership, it was all for the worse. The bottom line, however, is that we were not caught off-guard or unprepared by the outcome of the election. I am infinitely grateful that I married a smart man who leads this family in fiscal responsibility, and that we’ve been living below our means since we got married. He’s been planning for the future, and he’s been planning to have much more of his earnings taken away from him. My husband, who has a wise father, who has a wise Father, was discerning enough to look at his contract, see the dollar amount, and only bank on about half of it, refusing also to incur debt simply to keep up appearances. I am blessed to know that as long as he is working, we should be able to put food on our table.
- For freedom of speech. I’m so glad that we can all voice our opinions — liberal, conservative, gay, straight, pro-life, pro-choice, Christian, Muslim, Jew, atheist, Rastafari — without fear of government officials knocking down our door and dragging us to jail or worse. Now that is definitely something to be thankful for.
Today, I’m thankful for:
- P90x! I’m on day 30, and I’m seeing results! I was in my pre-pregnancy jeans over two weeks ago, at just 2½ months post-partum! I have literally worked my butt off. 😉 Thanks Chantel and Alison for letting me borrow the DVDs and workout paraphernalia!
- The right to vote. I will not forget how much of a sacrifice it was, and continues to be, for me to be able to make my voice heard where it counts. (Although it would count more in another state, but that’s neither here nor there.)
- Central heating in my house! (It got chilly.)
- Lunch with my momma at my favorite restaurant today! Yummy.